Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Boy's Smocked Swimsuit


Well, summertime is officially here in Alabama. It is H-O-T!! I'm working on trying to get my three all into a good routine and still have somewhat of a routine for myself. I'm sure that by the time I get it all worked out, it will be "back to school" time again.

I'm working on a really cute little boy's diaper set (I can't wait to share this one!) and a reproduction of a dress from a French boutique. I hope to have them both finished really soon and I'll have the pictures up as soon as they're done.

In the meantime, I've decided to post a picture of a boys swimsuit with a smocked insert. This is so easy to do if you've just got a basic elastic waist shorts pattern. It also looks really cute to omit the smocked insert and add a 3 letter monogram to the leg instead.

4 comments:

  1. Those are so cute did you use a lining like rtw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chelle -
    They are just fully lined shorts. I've only had people with toddler boys request them and they are all still wearing swim diapers, so no need for the mesh lining. I used the drawcord elastic for swimsuits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have any tips on how to do the insert?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness. I would so love some instruction on doing the insert as well.

    ReplyDelete