Thursday, February 4, 2010

Holly and Hunter with a personal touch


This sweet little romper actually began with the Holly and Hunter pattern by Bonnie Blue. I added an inch to both sides at to allow for a small elastic casing under the arm (similar to Children's Corner's Bobbie pattern). For a more feminine look, I added a ruffle to the shoulder strap and bows at each side from a coordinating gingham ribbon. The customer wanted her daughter to be able to wear this now with a blouse or turtleneck underneath, as well as in the spring, so I lengthened the legs to ankle length. The extra inch I added to each side also helped give the legs a little fullness for the elastic added at the ankles. The monogram is "Monogram Script" from Monogram Wizard Plus.

I think buttons covered in gingham to match the ribbons would have been really cute, but since this is for a baby, I opted with a more secure basic button.

No comments:

Post a Comment